We will learn how to think ahead and how to apply your knowledge to the chess game. How to manage your time well – so we won’t play too fast or too slow. How to come up with the plan/moves and how to choose the right plan. Calculating ahead in chess helps us in the various activities in our life. I love to bring examples of chess &life situations and show how sometimes it might seem similar!
Class Learning Concepts
- Notations/ Symbols/ Chess Terms Glossary
- Discussing basic Endgame principles
- How to think in the Middle game
- Opening principles and underlying concepts (best Opening for YOUR style!)
- Topic-Specific Sessions
- Covering various tactical patterns with game
- Gaining and maintaining the initiative
- Conceiving a plan and executing it – step by step
- Fundamentals of Pawn Endings
- Psychological Factors – factors affecting your game on and off the board!
- Planning (single and multi-phase) in ANY position; based on a thorough evaluation
- Game Analysis (analysis of your played games and specifying weak areas)
- Position Evaluation